XStream™ RTWF XSE Water-to-Water Heat Pump
Cooling capacity: 410 - 1320 kW
Heating capacity: 450 - 1430 kW
- Variable Vi compressor with permanent magnet motor, AFD as standard
- Market-leading full and part load efficiencies
- Minimized refrigerant charge with CHILL falling film evaporator
- Maximum condenser temperature of 68°C
- Extended and unmatched capacities
- Trane Adaptive Control™: Tracer® Symbio™ 800 microprocessor system enhances chiller with the latest chiller control technology
Outstanding energy efficiency
The latest Trane screw compressor with Variable Volume increases part load efficiency by using Variable Volume Index (Variable Vi):
• Allows the chiller to operate at the most appropriate pressure ratio to reach remarkable efficiency levels.
• Increases part load efficiency (SCOP) vs. the equivalent model at Fixed Vi.
Variable Primary Flow (VPF) capabilities
VPF systems provide building owners with multiple cost savings derived directly from pump operation.
The XStream series is designed to make VPF easy to use.
• The evaporator on the RTWF XStream series can run safely with up to 50% water flow reduction
• The microprocessor and capacity control algorithms are designed to handle a maximum of 10% change in water flow rate per minute in order to maintain ±0.3°C temperature control leaving the evaporator.
• For applications in which system energy savings are the priority and tight temperature control is classified as +/- 1.1°C, up to 30% change in flow per minute is possible.
• With the help of a TRANE software analysis tool, you can determine whether the anticipated energy savings justify the use of VPF in a particular application.
Proven Trane reliability
Trane XStream™ series chillers are capable of sustaining precise temperatures at extremely tight tolerances that are key to occupant comfort and crucial to many demanding mission-critical processes through:
• Design simplicity
• Unmatched direct drive compressor, low speed, semi-hermetic compressor with only three moving parts
• Infinite unloading for exact load matching
• Tracer® Symbio™ 800 controller with patented algorithms anticipate and correct situations to keep the chiller online
• Extensive factory testing available to verify operation at customer-defined conditions
Multiple chiller plant design
The overall RTWF unit efficiency can be enhanced by using the Series counterflow design, an alternative chiller layout to the conventional parallel piped configuration.
This layout provides the opportunity for:
• Lower chilled water design temperature with larger ΔT
• Reduced design flow
• Installation and operational cost savings by using fewer installed pumps and valves, reduced pipe diameters and chiller downsizing
• Maximized system efficiency
• Continuous temperatures allow better stability of controls.
Combining series configuration with Variable Primary Flow (VPF) makes it possible to increase system efficiency even further.
Heating: from +4.4 to 20°C on the evaporator side and up to 48°C on the condenser side
RTWF XSE packaged chillers are available in five different models.
|Product name||Cooling capacity||Heating capacity||Eurovent certification||ErP Certification|
|XStream™ RTWF XSE Water-to-Water Heat Pump||410-1320 kW||450-1430 kW|
|Compressor||Refrigerants||Energy saving||Operating mode||Data protocols||Unit type|
|Screw ||R134a||Adaptive Frequency™ Drive ||N/A||Lonmark |
Other Products You Might be Interested In
Our approach to temporary HVAC and power goes beyond the typical drop-off. We design, deliver, install and even monitor safe and efficient rental solutions. Short term, long term, chiller, generator, or portable AC unit, we have the fleet and people where and when you need them.Learn about our rental applications
Connect with your local Trane expert
We will help you find the needed solution