XStream™ RTHF Water-Cooled Chiller
Cooling capacity: 750 - 3670 kW
- Market-leading reliability with Trane's renowned, robust screw compressor technology
- Minimized refrigerant charge with Trane patented CHIL falling film evaporator
- Series counterflow heat exchanger design
- Extended and unmatched capacities
- Trane Adaptive Control™: Tracer® Symbio™ 800 microprocessor system enhances chiller with the latest chiller control technology
Outstanding energy efficiency
The Trane XStream™ series design has been driven by our commitment to achieve the lowest energy consumption in the most demanding applications. Exceptional efficiency keeps your operating costs and environmental impact low while smart and easy to use controls ensure you get the best out of your system.
Units deliver market-leading part load and full load efficiency performance.
Trane's patented Compact, High Performance, Integrated design, Low Charge (CHIL) flooded evaporator allows for:
• Reduced refrigerant volume
• Increased efficiency
• Reduced carbon footprint
Whether you have seasonal comfort requirements or a sensitive industrial application there is a model from the XStream range that will satisfy your needs.
For even greater system efficiency, Trane XStream units are fully compatible with:
• Multiple compressor design
• Series chiller arrangements
• Variable Primary Flow (VPF) applications
• Screw Compressors with Variable Volume Index (Variable Vi)
Multiple chiller plant design
The overall RTHF unit efficiency can be enhancedby using the Series counterflow design, an alternative chiller layout to the conventional parallel piped configuration.
This layout provides the opportunity for:
• Lower chilled water design temperature with larger ΔT
• Reduced design flow
• Installation and operational cost savings by using fewer installed pumps and valves, reduced pipe diameters and chiller downsizing
• Maximized system efficiency
• Continuous temperatures allow better stability of controls.
Combining series configuration with Variable Primary Flow (VPF) makes it possible to increase system efficiency even further.
Variable Primary Flow (VPF) capabilities
VPF systems provide building owners with multiple cost savings derived directly from pump operation. The XStream series is designed to make VPF easy to use:
• The evaporator on the RTHF XStream series can run safely with up to 50% water flow reduction.
• The microprocessor and capacity control algorithms are designed to handle a maximum of 10% change in water flow rate per minute in order to maintain ±0.3°C temperature control leaving the evaporator.
• For applications in which system energy savings are the priority and tight temperature control is classified as +/- 1.1°C, up to 30% change in flow per minute is possible.
• With the help of a Trane analysis tool, you can determine whether the anticipated energy savings justify the use of VPF in a particular application.
Operating Conditions: Comfort and Process cooling ‒ From -12 to 20°C on the evaporator side and up to 50°C on the condenser side
RTHF packaged chillers are available in 56 different models with two refrigerants and two levels of efficiency: XE: Extra High Efficiency, HSE (With AFD): High seasonal efficiency.
RTHF G: R1234ze — RTHF: R134a
|Product name||Cooling capacity||Heating capacity||Eurovent certification||ErP Certification|
|XStream™ RTHF Water-Cooled Chiller||750-3670 kW||N/A|
|Compressor||Refrigerants||Energy saving||Operating mode||Data protocols||Unit type|
|Screw ||R1234ze | R513A | R134a||Adaptive Frequency™ Drive ||Cooling only ||Lonmark |
Other Products You Might be Interested In
Our approach to temporary HVAC and power goes beyond the typical drop-off. We design, deliver, install and even monitor safe and efficient rental solutions. Short term, long term, chiller, generator, or portable AC unit, we have the fleet and people where and when you need them.Learn about our rental applications
Connect with your local Trane expert
We will help you find the needed solution