Wireless technology by application type
Modern HVAC systems require individual components to share data to facilitate improved performance that can be logged, monitored and analyzed remotely. To this end, Trane has adopted technologies which reduce the need for hard-wired connections and ensures that connecting controls devices is flexible, reliable, secure and very easy.
Wireless technologies allow connections to be established either within a confined area, or through a mobile network when remote connectivity is required.
Trane Air-Fi® wireless offers easy problem-solving, worry-free operation, efficient performance and cost savings over the life of the equipment.
Without the constraints of a wired system, Trane Air-Fi® wireless lets you easily expand or change your space whenever you need while also minimizing occupant disruption. As the secure system is built on a platform that supports open standards, adding or moving unit controllers, zone sensors and other devices down the road can be easy and affordable.
Trane's secured cloud solution enables equipment to publish data anytime, from anywhere. For installations where Local Area Network usage is restricted, Trane has selected and approved a set of highly reliable and secure 4G routers. These devices allow Trane Controls, including Symbio 800 equipment devices, to access the Trane cloud.
- Reliable: Extend your wireless range to increase the comfort and performance of your tenants. Piece of mind with the lifecycle of batteries.
- Flexible: Make changes to your building configuration quickly, while also minimizing occupant disruption, at no cost.
- Installation cost containment: Controllers such as Symbio 800 or Tracer SC+ can share data with each other over Trane Air-Fi technology. This considerably lowers wiring cost, reduces installation time and reduces project cost and complexity.
- Pre-installed IT security set-up Trane 4G routers are factory configured to fully deploy IT security features, such as port management, VPN connections, as well as limited end points support. The Trane cloud system only requires outgoing ports to be opened
- Full remote control Trane deploys a Remote Management System that provides full remote control of routers. This enables to upgrade IT security features and manage any router behavior, from anywhere at any time.
- Long communication range Communications can be established within a range of 1km in open air, and 300m in most buildings
- Point-to-point or point-to-many application The gateway can be used to established point-to-point connections, as well as one to many connections.
Additional services to help you succeed
Our approach to temporary HVAC and power goes beyond the typical drop-off. We design, deliver, install and even monitor safe and efficient rental solutions. Short term, long term, chiller, generator, or portable AC unit, we have the fleet and people where and when you need them.Learn about our rental applications
Connect with your local Trane expert
We will help you find the needed solution